Wrong pitches for key signature

General notation questions, including advanced notation, formatting, etc., go here.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

jep1955
Finale Version: 14.5
Operating System: Windows

Post by jep1955 » Sun Nov 03, 2019 4:28 pm

Ok. I screwed it up. It was me. But I'd rather recover than re-enter.

Two staves. (Treble/Bass). Put in key signature of A Major (wrong). Put in notes for G Major. (Well, the position on the staff was correct). Playback. OMG, that's awful.

Ok. I'll change the key signature. Easy peasy. Oh. It transposes for you. I don't want that. (And none of the options truly said what I wanted). So... I copy (just the treble clef, oops) to the clipboard, change key to the correct key, and paste back in. Voila! It worked!

Well, so I thought. Now I have a problem with the bass clef. It shows the right key signature. I use simple entry and drag the notes to the correct locations. Now, I play back the music. Uhm... A plays as A# and C plays as C# even though they are not sharp in the key signature.

Let's try simply entering new notes. Well, guess what. In the bass clef only, if I enter a G scale, it enters visually correctly, but plays G - A# - B - C# - D - E - F# - G. It's playing the notes as thought I am still in A Major which I am not.

:-(

Got some genius out there that can figure out how to fix this? What I print works fine. Playback is horrible. Especially since the treble clef plays correctly, but the bass does not.

motet
Finale Version: 2014.5,2011,2005,27
Operating System: Windows

Post by motet » Sun Nov 03, 2019 4:51 pm

If you can, I suggest going back to your A major version and using the following when changing the key signature.