Librewave sordina - anyone use it?

General notation questions, including advanced notation, formatting, etc., go here.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

heinzfan
Finale Version: 27
Operating System: Windows

Post by heinzfan » Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:22 am

Not sure where to post this. I need muted and stopped French horn samples. I normally use Vienna Symphony instruments, occasionally Garritan and Kontakt. Although they have some instrument mutes, none for the horn (unless I'm mistaken). Has anyone here used the Librewave Sordina mute emulator, and does it work with Finale?
Finale 27, Windows 10, VST: Vienna Instruments/Ensemble/Synchron, Cubase, Kontakt 5

heinzfan
Finale Version: 27
Operating System: Windows

Post by heinzfan » Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:06 pm

To answer my own post: after determining with the help of the forum to understand VST effects I bought the software. Works rather well with a large variety of different mutes for most common brass instruments. These are modeled upon actual recordings. The interface is straightforward and somewhat simplistic, but as far as automation the user guide simply says to check with your DAW (which I don't use). Once you set up the mute you want to use, Finale will save the setting as it does with other instruments and effects used in the file. For anyone interested the website is https://librewave.com/
Finale 27, Windows 10, VST: Vienna Instruments/Ensemble/Synchron, Cubase, Kontakt 5