Space Systems Evenly conundrum

General notation questions, including advanced notation, formatting, etc., go here.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

Blacklab88
Finale Version: Finale 25
Operating System: Windows

Post by Blacklab88 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:26 am

Working on parts for a piano 5tet, and in trying to make reasonable page turns for the strings, am hitting a problem with "Space Systems Evenly". Doing that has been easy before, but now, when I set a page to 8 systems, it bunches all the systems up near the top and leaves about a third of the page empty. When I try and move the last system down, it immediately goes to the next page. I'm sure there's a concept I don't understand. Any help appreciated. Thanks.
Windows 10; Finale 25, Cubase 10 for Windows; Pencil and paper

zuill
Finale Version: Finale 2011-v26.3.1

Post by zuill » Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:29 am

Check the margins of the systems to see if that might be an issue. Maybe the 8th system has an unusually large bottom margin.

Zuill
Windows 10, Finale 2011-v26.3.1
"When all is said and done, more is said than done."

Blacklab88
Finale Version: Finale 25

Post by Blacklab88 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:27 pm

Thanks, Zuill. That seems to be the problem, because the bottom margin looks very large on the problem system. I do want to keep what I've already done, so changing ALL the page margins is not good. When I tried to change the bottom margin of that one system, it turned out funky. Will keep trying.

Okay. Got it. Click on "Systems". Right click on the system in question. Scroll to "edit margins". Change lower margin to what's wanted (same as other margins.)
Thanks.
Windows 10; Finale 25, Cubase 10 for Windows; Pencil and paper