A3 printer

General notation questions, including advanced notation, formatting, etc., go here.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

Hector Pascal
Finale Version: Finale 26
Operating System: Mac

Post by Hector Pascal » Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:36 am

Hi all,
Thinking about buying a mono A3 laser printer (for printing Finale scores). I have found one with a resolution of 1200 x 1200.
Is that a satisfactory resolution for printing music like orchestral scores, etc... Should I look no further with regard to resolution?

Cheers and thanks,
Hector.

motet
Finale Version: 2014.5,2011,2005,27
Operating System: Windows

Post by motet » Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:52 am

Yes, 1200 is very good.

jmus
Finale Version: V26

Post by jmus » Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:17 pm

Hector Pascal wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:36 am
Hi all,
Thinking about buying a mono A3 laser printer (for printing Finale scores). I have found one with a resolution of 1200 x 1200.
Is that a satisfactory resolution for printing music like orchestral scores, etc... Should I look no further with regard to resolution?

Cheers and thanks,
Hector.
Which one did you go for?
I got a Xerox and had to send it back due to it being so heavy. If I ever needed to un-jam it or anything just couldn't move it!

Hector Pascal
Finale Version: Finale 26
Operating System: Mac

Post by Hector Pascal » Sun Jan 05, 2020 5:06 am

Hi jmus!

Gee, your xerox printer sounded heavy!

I was going to buy the Fuji Xerox 4405D for my print-music manufacturing business.

After considerable reflection, however, I realised I wanted my print-music manufacturing business to be a lot more mobile. So, I now plan to focus simply on producing PDF scores which I can retail via my website. I imagine I'll be able to operate the business from my laptop, wherever I might find myself in the world.

Having said that, the 4405D looks like a good A3 laser for the price, considering its specs. If i get back into printed music, I'll probably get it, or something similar to it.

By the way, a happy New Year to all on the forum!
Cheers,
Hector.

jmus
Finale Version: V26

Post by jmus » Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:30 pm

Hector Pascal wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 5:06 am
Hi jmus!

Gee, your xerox printer sounded heavy!

I was going to buy the Fuji Xerox 4405D for my print-music manufacturing business.

After considerable reflection, however, I realised I wanted my print-music manufacturing business to be a lot more mobile. So, I now plan to focus simply on producing PDF scores which I can retail via my website. I imagine I'll be able to operate the business from my laptop, wherever I might find myself in the world.

Having said that, the 4405D looks like a good A3 laser for the price, considering its specs. If i get back into printed music, I'll probably get it, or something similar to it.

By the way, a happy New Year to all on the forum!
Cheers,
Hector.
Yes crazy heavy printer! thanks for reply Hector.