Add cue staff to one line?

General notation questions, including advanced notation, formatting, etc., go here.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

Blacklab88
Finale Version: Finale 25
Operating System: Windows

Post by Blacklab88 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:38 pm

I understand the linear workings of Finale, and know that adding a cue staff will add that staff to the whole piece. However, I've discovered a cue I should have added...after I've edited the whole part. I really don't want to have to go back and tweak the whole thing again after I've basically got it looking how I want it.
The only workaround I can think about is to do that one page as a separate file, then insert it into the score. Any other ideas?
Thanks.
Windows 10; Finale 25, Cubase 10 for Windows; Pencil and paper

Michel R E
Finale Version: Finale 2012, 25, 26

Post by Michel R E » Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:42 pm

you can add the extra staff, when you hide it from where it's not needed the spacing will return to its former state.
in other words, if adding the staff screws up the 1st page of the part, hiding it will return that spacing to how it was before you added the cue.

the only place you will need to adjust is if adding the new cue staff alters the spacing on the page where you want your cue. if the cue staff pushes staves forward onto the next page, then you will have to make adjustments.

my advice:
1) add the staff and immediately "hide" it for the whole score.

2) then go to the page that requires a cue staff, and "show" the staff there (by the way, don't forget to change its size as well)
User of Finale since version 3.0 on Windows.
Now using a mix of Finale 2012, Finale 25, and 26.1
GPO, Garritan Solo Stradivari violin, Gofriller Solo Cello.
XSamples Chamber Ensemble.
Absolute convert to NotePerformer3.

Blacklab88
Finale Version: Finale 25

Post by Blacklab88 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:05 pm

Thanks, Michael!
Windows 10; Finale 25, Cubase 10 for Windows; Pencil and paper