how do I get Finale to 'see' vienna ensemble?

General notation questions, including advanced notation, formatting, etc., go here.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

jmus
Finale Version: V26
Operating System: Windows

Post by jmus » Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:27 pm

I've managed to get it to see Kontact by managing vst plug in directories, but am obviously not directing it to the correct Vienna symphonic library bit. I know it needs to be 64bit one, have tried but its still not seeing it!
Anyone else got the Vienna ensemble - not the pro - the standard ensemble that comes with the library?

heinzfan
Finale Version: 27
Operating System: Windows

Post by heinzfan » Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:32 am

The mistake I first made when initially using VSL was by selecting "Vienna Instruments" in the Score Manager instead of "Vienna Ensemble." The latter is the 64 bit player. To be honest, I don't recall whether I had to do anything other than "rescan for VST plugins." For whatever reason, "Vienna" doesn't appear in my list of "VST plug-ins" in "MIdi/audio/manage VST Plug-in Directories," only Kontakt, Garritan, and Smartscore. However Vienna Ensemble is displayed in the Score Manager/Device drop-down menu.
Finale 27, Windows 10, VST: Vienna Instruments/Ensemble/Synchron, Cubase, Kontakt 5