music being copied automatically in score

General notation questions, including advanced notation, formatting, etc., go here.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

birchwoodmusic
Finale Version: Finale v26
Operating System: Mac

Post by birchwoodmusic » Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:41 pm

I've just begun using Finale 26 and am working on a project using the chamber orchestra template provided by Finale. As I've gone back through my work to do some editing I've found that some parts have been filled in automatically using music from other voices in the score (i.e. the Oboe 2 part has been filled in automatically with music from the Oboe 1 part). But this newly filled in music only appears in the linked parts, NOT in the full score. And when I went into the linked Oboe 2 part and deleted the duplicate music, the Oboe 1 part was automatically cleared from the score! What is turned on that I don't know about, and how do I turn this automatic feature off?!?
Vinny Fuerst

N Grossingink
Finale Version: 27.3
Operating System: Mac

Post by N Grossingink » Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:27 pm

I know of no feature within Finale or no known bug that does what you are describing. The only suggestion I can give is to use a specific workflow. What I do is to enter all of the music on the score, then go to Manage Parts and regenerate the parts. If you do any copying and pasting, do it on the score, not the parts. If you do any editing, do it on the score, not the parts.
N. Grossingink
Educational Band, Orchestra and Jazz Ensemble a specialty
Sample: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pFF5OeJDeLFGHMRyXrubFqZWXBubErw4/view?usp=share_link

Mac Mini 2014 2.6 Ghz, 8Gb RAM
OSX 10.15.7
Finale 2012c, 25.5, 26.3, 27.3