Guitar bend-to error

General notation questions, including advanced notation, formatting, etc., go here.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

Djard
Finale Version: Finale 26
Operating System: Windows

Post by Djard » Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:19 pm

In the attached document, on page 1, the guitar bend symbol accurately indicates a "bend-to" of a full tone. But on page 2, while the interval is shown correctly in measures 31, 35 and 39, the same interval is displayed erroneously as 3-1/2 semitones in measures 33 and 37.

If I click on "3-1/2" it shows "Full." But the correction does not remain. I tried changing settings in Guitar Bend Options. Anybody know what I am overlooking?
Attachments
Gtr Bend-to Error.musx
(119.25 KiB) Downloaded 106 times

Djard
Finale Version: Finale 26
Operating System: Windows

Post by Djard » Sat Feb 29, 2020 1:24 pm

The error occurs when entering the symbol across staff systems, such as when the guitar bend commences at the end of one page and terminates at the beginning of another. My 64-bit version of Finale 26 incorrectly accrues the interval; for when I delete preceding guitar bends in the staff, the problematic texted interval is corrected. The more preceding guitar bends in the staff, the greater the error in the subsequent text.

Most of the issues I experience occur when writing for guitar, which Finale seems to eschew. I rarely run into problems when writing for piano, oboe, violins, cello, etc.