My Finale Script option is Grayed Out

General notation questions, including advanced notation, formatting, etc., go here.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

chemistmom
Finale Version: Finale 26.2
Operating System: Windows

Post by chemistmom » Sun Mar 08, 2020 4:50 am

Hi,
I have just heard of Finale Script, and if it does what I think it does, I would love to learn how to use it. I have a 9-instrument youth orchestra that I am starting, and need to make arrangements customized for each player. When I get the parts into "final form", it is a series of very repetitive motions (enlarge page 120%, fit 4 measures per system, evenly space systems on the page, save as pdf), etc. So I have heard that script can do some of these types of things as a program.

I wanted to try it out, but when I went to the Finale Script option in the Plug-Ins (I think that is where it was), the options for Finale script are grayed out, and I can't get to the menu which is described in the manual.

I tried putting my cursor back on, (from being in the "resize page" mode), and I also tried selecting all the measures. To no avail. The options are still grayed out.

Is that something that I need to purchase separately?

If anyone is using script, does my repetitive set of tasks described above fit into the abilities of this plug-in?

Thanks for your help,
Chemistmom

miker
Finale Version: Finale 27.4
Operating System: Mac

Post by miker » Sun Mar 08, 2020 5:05 am

I believe you need to have a score open.
Finale 27 | SmartScorePro 64
Mac OS 13.2.1 Ventura
Copyist for Barbershop Harmony Society

motet
Finale Version: 2014.5,2011,2005,27
Operating System: Windows

Post by motet » Sun Mar 08, 2020 7:14 am

Yes, try opening the FinaleScript palette while viewing the score, then switch to a part and run your script.

Lissu80
Operating System: Mac

Post by Lissu80 » Tue Sep 28, 2021 3:39 pm

Hi, I'm new to this forum. I am creating a booklet and doing a lot of similar formatting for the booklet. I looked into Finale Script, but the options to run any scripts are grayed out. I do have the music score open. What could be the problem?