Finale Script - address Lyrics Window Text box

General notation questions, including advanced notation, formatting, etc., go here.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

ICBSprod 22-12
Finale Version: 27
Operating System: Windows

Post by ICBSprod 22-12 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:46 am

Hi!
Working a bit with Scripts again.

Anyone out there who knows how to address the text box in Lyrics Window?
I am making a script for exporting lyrics from one document to another.
Both documents are open, the source document on top, and I want to end up viewing, the source doucument where I started.
Here is my script so far:

menu item "Export Lyrics"
uncheck "Remove Hyphens and Underscores"
click "Copy All to Clipboard"
press ctrl+tab
menu item "Lyrics Window"
.....and here stops everything as far as I do not know what the "text box" is called..
(here I need to paste "press ctrl+v" the copied lyrics into the text box)

any help?

Børge
Norway
Norway - Win10 - Finale user since 3.7 - now on 27 - SmartScore 64 Pro

HaraldS
Finale Version: 25.5

Post by HaraldS » Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:55 am

ICBSprod 22-12 wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:46 am
menu item "Lyrics Window"
.....and here stops everything as far as I do not know what the "text box" is called..
(here I need to paste "press ctrl+v" the copied lyrics into the text box)
Don't know if I understood the problem fully...but why would you need to know how the text box is called?
The following works for me ("Textfenster" = "Lyrics Window"), it pastes the clipboard's contents into the lyrics window:

Code: Select all

lyrics tool
menu item "Textfenster"
press ctrl "v"
Doesn't that work on your system? What happens?
Finale 3.0-25.5, German edition, Windows 7
trombonist, pianist, conductor / Recklinghausen, Germany

ICBSprod 22-12
Finale Version: 27

Post by ICBSprod 22-12 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:15 am

Hi!
Thanks!
Worked a bit on this one....
I discovered that the real problem was that I didn't include the line "lyrics tool", as You did, before calling the "Lyrics window".
With my former script I could bring up the Lyrics Window, but it was not possible to paste anything into the "Text box".
After trying whatever I could possibly come up with, I tried out (more or less in vain); press ctrl+"l" instead of; menu item "Lyrics Window", and suddenly it worked. Why, I do not know, because this should be, at least to my understanding, the exact same as; menu item "Lyrics Window".
Using ctrl+"l", however, is not a "Good expression", if I choose to use the keyboard shortcut ctrl+"l" to something else. Then the Script will fail. Putting in the line; lyrics tool, is much more exact, and will work under any condition.
So thanks again, for letting me discover my real problem here!!

Børge - Norway
Norway - Win10 - Finale user since 3.7 - now on 27 - SmartScore 64 Pro

Songster
Finale Version: V27

Post by Songster » Fri Dec 01, 2023 2:35 am

I've been trying to resize all the lyrics using Finale Script but I can not figure out how to pick the "Text" menu in the Lyrics window to get to the "Size" menu. I have tried the following with all the comments and nothing worked. It works thru press ctrl+"a" then I can't find a script to pick the "Text" menu! Thanks for any suggestions. lyrics tool; press ctrl+"l"; press ctrl+"a"; //press "Text" near "Edit"; //menu item "Text" near "Edit"; //button "Text"; //click "Text"; //pop-up "Text"; wait 6; //hit ok