Lost pizzicato in viola, cello, and bass

General notation questions, including advanced notation, formatting, etc., go here.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

Capricorn
Finale Version: Finale 25X
Operating System: Mac

Post by Capricorn » Thu May 28, 2020 1:16 am

I have Finale 25 on a High Sierra Mac. For some unknown reason, I suddenly lost the pizzicato sound on the bottom three string instruments after a particular measure in the piece. I can get it earlier and if I put the pizz. before the trouble spot, it continues, but if I try to initiate after measure 8, it doesn't work. I tried fooling around with the "edit" in the expression tool but nothing seems to help. What did I do?
Capricorn

zuill
Finale Version: Finale 2011-v26.3.1
Operating System: Windows

Post by zuill » Thu May 28, 2020 2:28 am

When you used the plugin to create the hidden notes for the trill playback, it added a HP off expression. It looks like you have a HP on expression (66 in the Misc category). Put that at the end of the measure with the trills, just before the measure with the pizz. and that should do it.

Zuill
Windows 10, Finale 2011-v26.3.1
"When all is said and done, more is said than done."

Capricorn
Finale Version: Finale 25X
Operating System: Mac

Post by Capricorn » Thu May 28, 2020 3:00 am

Thanks! It worked. I deleted the two measures with the trills and then put them in again and the pizz still worked. I wonder how that happened. I had put in the trills originally with the trill tool under shapes but didn't like the way it looked so I put the trill from the articulation tool and Finale crashed. I guess there was a conflict.