Graphics Export only works on pg. 1

General notation questions, including advanced notation, formatting, etc., go here.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

maybedave
Finale Version: Finale 26
Operating System: Mac

Post by maybedave » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:03 am

Hello fine folks,

Could anyone please tell me why I can only export graphics from page 1 of my score? When I try to export from any other page, it gives me an incomplete clip, even though I carefully line up the selection to grab the entire system. Finale file and example of problem (line 12) attached.

Thank you for any input/advice you're able to give.

Dave
Cheers,
Dave

MAC OS Ventura 13.4
Finale 26
http://www.literatesinger.com

zuill
Finale Version: Finale 2011-v26.3.1
Operating System: Windows

Post by zuill » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:41 am

This behavior is caused by the Page resize, which is 150%. Basically, anything over 100% will cause problems. I seem to recall I've seen this before, but maybe a long time ago. My suggestion is to lock your systems, resize to 100%, create your graphic(s), then return to 150%, if needed.

Zuill
Windows 10, Finale 2011-v26.3.1
"When all is said and done, more is said than done."

maybedave
Finale Version: Finale 26
Operating System: Mac

Post by maybedave » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:01 pm

Thank you, sir!

Your memory is incredible... I did ask this once before, but couldn't find my old post to get the answer and avoid cluttering our forum. My apologies.

The issue with 100% page is that what I want is the spacing between the lines of the staff to be larger, for beginner musicians. Hmm... I guess multiple documents with only stuff on page 1 will have to be the solution.

Thank you again. Much obliged!
Dave
Cheers,
Dave

MAC OS Ventura 13.4
Finale 26
http://www.literatesinger.com

zuill
Finale Version: Finale 2011-v26.3.1

Post by zuill » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:04 pm

Try changing the View setting and maybe you can keep the file with multiple pages, instead of 1 page per file. In either Book or Looseleaf, I chose the view to be single page, and I got the graphic to export correctly. The view doesn't affect printing, but only what you see when in the file. I tested both Book and Looseleaf with correct results.

Zuill

P.S.: This setting is a Program option, so it is not saved with the file. So, when you close and open the file again to work on it, if wanting to export graphic samples again, be sure to reset the View option that will work for graphic export.
Windows 10, Finale 2011-v26.3.1
"When all is said and done, more is said than done."

RVS Lee
Finale Version: 25

Post by RVS Lee » Sun Sep 20, 2020 12:59 pm

Dave -
You could also change the page size in document/page format, and then resize all systems (rather than the page) to match, in page layout.

RVSL