Nectar Elements

General notation questions, including advanced notation, formatting, etc., go here.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

Charles Torian
Finale Version: Finale 26
Operating System: Windows

Post by Charles Torian » Sun Sep 20, 2020 3:25 pm

Nectar Elements recently flagged me that it was in demo mode and that I needed to authorize it. I've been using it for years, so this was a surprise. Meanwhile, any file in which it is activated inserts silences at periodic intervals, making playback virtually useless. I was wondering if others have experienced this and/or if perhaps Make Music has terminated its relationship with iZotope. Thanks for any guidance anyone might share....
Charles
Finale 26
Windows 10

MikeHalloran
Finale Version: 27
Operating System: Mac

Post by MikeHalloran » Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:35 am

Charles Torian wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 3:25 pm
Nectar Elements recently flagged me that it was in demo mode and that I needed to authorize it. I've been using it for years, so this was a surprise. Meanwhile, any file in which it is activated inserts silences at periodic intervals, making playback virtually useless. I was wondering if others have experienced this and/or if perhaps Make Music has terminated its relationship with iZotope. Thanks for any guidance anyone might share....
Charles
Finale 26
Windows 10
Nectar Elements has never been included with Finale, to my knowledge. If you purchased it with a bundle, you'll need to find your license and reactivate it. The license can be stored any of three ways: within the product license file on your computer, on an iLok dongle or in the iLok app on your computer (not the same as the iZotope license file). Something can have happened to cause the app not to see it—no surprise with Windows since a corrupt or changed path can cause that. On a Mac, moving your files to a new computer normally causes you to have to reactivate your licenses.

If you ever registered an iZotope license, you'll have an iZotope User Account. Sign in and you'll find it there so that you can reactivate.

iZotope apps are fully functional during the demo period. Once the 10 day demo has expired, any file in which the plugin is present inserts silences at periodic intervals (sound familiar?). All iZotope plugins do this.

You have choices. a) Deactivate the plugin from your signal chain, b) Remove it from your computer, c) License Nectar Elements, d) find your license and reactivate it.

It frequently goes on sale. These guys show it for $29. Don't know if that's still good.
https://milled.com/izotope/flash-sale-g ... QCWyq5K9zW

What is now Nectar Elements is the 64 bit version of the original version of Nectar. It used to be a mainstay of my processing chain. I like Nectar 3 these days.
https://www.izotope.com/en/products/nec ... tures.html
Mike Halloran

Finale 27.3, SmartScore X2 Pro, GPO5 & World Instruments
MacOS Ventura 13.2.1; 2017 iMac Pro 18 Core, 128G RAM, 4TB; 2021 MBAir M1
NotePerformer3, Dorico 4, Overture, Notion 6, DP 11, Logic Pro

motet
Finale Version: 2014.5,2011,2005,27

Post by motet » Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:00 pm

Never heard of it.

miker
Finale Version: Finale 27.4

Post by miker » Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:50 pm

motet wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:00 pm
Never heard of it.
Glad I’m not the only one!
Finale 27 | SmartScorePro 64
Mac OS 13.2.1 Ventura
Copyist for Barbershop Harmony Society

MikeHalloran
Finale Version: 27

Post by MikeHalloran » Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:42 am

miker wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:50 pm
motet wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:00 pm
Never heard of it.
Glad I’m not the only one!
Frankly, I was surprised to see a question about it on a notation app board. IZotope plugins are very popular for DAWs but I would never think of using any of them in Finale — unless one is generating backing tracks and recording a vocal into Finale, then Nectar Elements would be a most useful plugin. It's a major time saver when working with uh… less than perfect singers. Tons of popular style presets for reverb, eq, compression, de-ess and pitch control which can be used as-is but all are tweakable under the hood. It was remarkably good ten years ago when Nectar 1 and that hasn’t changed now that it’s the intro version called Elements.

In any case, I was answering the question. Izotope has put the sale price back onto their web site—wasn’t there Monday. $29 for Nectar Elements or $99 for the entire suite.
https://www.izotope.com/en/shop/deals.html
Mike Halloran

Finale 27.3, SmartScore X2 Pro, GPO5 & World Instruments
MacOS Ventura 13.2.1; 2017 iMac Pro 18 Core, 128G RAM, 4TB; 2021 MBAir M1
NotePerformer3, Dorico 4, Overture, Notion 6, DP 11, Logic Pro

Charles Torian
Finale Version: Finale 26

Post by Charles Torian » Sun Sep 27, 2020 4:04 pm

My apologies for the original post regarding Nectar Elements. I have Sound Forge 11 on the same computer (since 2015) and I just discovered that it shipped with Nectar Elements. Because it is a VST add-in, in shows up as a choice in VST Banks and Effects within Finale. I have never used the program in Sound Forge, but have done so frequently in Finale. It's a reasonably good reverberation and EQ. Anyway, I'm sorry for wasting people's time, but also grateful for the fact that some took the time to respond.
Charles