Missing libraries

General notation questions, including advanced notation, formatting, etc., go here.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

Capricorn
Finale Version: Finale 25X
Operating System: Mac

Post by Capricorn » Fri Nov 13, 2020 6:07 pm

I recently had to delete my Finale preferences on Final 25 on High Sierra. Now when I open a default document, I get a notice that Finale cannot find the file of "Northern Lights" which is the last piece I was working on, and it goes on to say "Click OK to have Finale create a new document without libraries. You should reinstall the missing file from your Finale installer. When I opened up "Northern Lights, the everything was normal, and if I open a new document with set-up wizard everything is there. I'm afraid to experiment too much because I've had a number of disasters in the past. How can I reinstall the libraries?

miker
Finale Version: Finale 27.4

Post by miker » Fri Nov 13, 2020 6:58 pm

Had you moved them? Follow the path indicated in Preferences > Folders and see if they are there. You can also do a computer search, to see if they aren’t where they ought to be.

Failing that, reinstall Finale.
Finale 27 | SmartScorePro 64
Mac OS 13.2.1 Ventura
Copyist for Barbershop Harmony Society

motet
Finale Version: 2014.5,2011,2005,27
Operating System: Windows

Post by motet » Fri Nov 13, 2020 7:55 pm

Not finding Northern Lights in the default place has nothing to do with missing libraries.

Capricorn
Finale Version: Finale 25X

Post by Capricorn » Fri Nov 13, 2020 8:16 pm

I figured it out. I went to preferences and clicked "New." Somehow, "Northern Lights" had gotten into the "Default Document" strip. I deleted it and the libraries came back. Another thing I can put in my list of things to remember.
Capricorn