Need to change font of pre-existing lyrics (after xml file conversion)

General notation questions, including advanced notation, formatting, etc., go here.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

kglong
Finale Version: v. 26
Operating System: Mac

Post by kglong » Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:58 pm

Hi! I converted xml files into finale v. 26 and cannot find a way to alter the font and font size for the lyrics in the score.

I've tried going under document > document options, but then the changes only apply to new lyrics, not the already existing ones. I've also tried in the lyric tool, and cannot find a solution.

Has anyone else run into this issue? How did you fix it?

Thanks in advance!

zuill
Finale Version: Finale 2011-v26.3.1
Operating System: Windows

Post by zuill » Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:08 pm

Go into the Lyrics window (Lyrics Tool), highlight the text and change the font and size there. In Windows, the Text button is at the top of the Window. I think with Mac, it's up on the main Menu bar.

Zuill
Windows 10, Finale 2011-v26.3.1
"When all is said and done, more is said than done."

kglong
Finale Version: v. 26
Operating System: Mac

Post by kglong » Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:18 pm

I have tried that, but there is not option to change the existing font size or type once I have opened the lyrics window. Any idea as to why? Or what I might be missing?

zuill

Post by zuill » Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:26 pm

Maybe I didn't explain the Mac process well, so here's a quote from the Documentation. Maybe this will make it clearer:

Edit and Text menus appear on the menu bar at the top of the screen when opening the Lyrics window so you can copy and paste text, change fonts and styles, and carry out other editing tasks. Note that only the Text menu commands which affect the display of text characters are available for lyrics; the Line Spacing and Edit Page Offset commands as well as the commands in the Inserts and Justification submenus are not available.

Here's another description from the Mac Documentation:

1. Choose the Lyrics tool icon. The Lyrics menu appears. If you want to specify a particular lyric type or number, choose Lyrics > Specify Current Lyric.
2. Choose Lyrics > Lyrics window. The Lyrics window appears. If you have several lyric sections of the same type, use the pop-up menus to select the ones you want to change.
3. Select the text whose font you want to change (so that it’s highlighted).
4. Choose Text > Font and select the desired font and click OK.
5. Click OK (or press RETURN) to confirm your settings.

Zuill

zuill

Post by zuill » Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:02 pm

Maybe this page from the Mac Documentation will help:

https://usermanuals.finalemusic.com/Fin ... s-text.htm

Zuill