Audio Engine Error

General notation questions, including advanced notation, formatting, etc., go here.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

OuelletteGTR
Finale Version: PC Finale 2011

Post by OuelletteGTR » Sun Mar 21, 2021 2:22 am

Dear Finale users,
I know this topic has been discussed already, but I haven't been able to solve my issue from past posts here in the forum. I'm currently using Finale version 26. I have Windows 10 on a new desktop computer. Out of the blue, whenever I start Finale, I get the window that says "Audio Engine Error..Error Code 7" I even did a factory reset on my computer, AND uninstalled Finale, and reinstalled it. Nothing has changed. If anyone has any suggestions, I'd certainly be very thankful! Scott.
Attachments
audio engine error.PNG

zuill
Finale Version: Finale 2011-v26.3.1
Operating System: Windows

Post by zuill » Sun Mar 21, 2021 2:35 am

I recently had something similar happen when I had an earlier version of Finale already open. It doesn't look like that is the issue here. Do you have Finale set to use Rewire? Have you sent this information to MakeMusic?

https://makemusic.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/ ... in-Finale-

Zuill
Windows 10, Finale 2011-v26.3.1
"When all is said and done, more is said than done."

OuelletteGTR

Post by OuelletteGTR » Sun Mar 21, 2021 2:56 am

Unfortunately there's no option in my version related to Rewire. I did message Finale about it, but it's been about 4 days, so I'll give it a little more time. Thank you for taking the time to respond!

zuill
Finale Version: Finale 2011-v26.3.1

Post by zuill » Sun Mar 21, 2021 2:58 am

Are you using v26?

Zuill
Windows 10, Finale 2011-v26.3.1
"When all is said and done, more is said than done."

OuelletteGTR

Post by OuelletteGTR » Sun Mar 21, 2021 2:59 am

I am....but funny, in the last 60 seconds, I tried opening Finale, and the message is now gone!! I did install some new updates this evening, so maybe something fixed it during the process. I guess I'm now good to go!

ebiggs1
Finale Version: Finale 27.3

Post by ebiggs1 » Sun Mar 21, 2021 3:28 pm

I have had a similar problem not with the audio engine not loading but other dll. MM tells me it is a permissions thing in Windows. Whether it is or they are just passing the buck I don't know but it does fix itself

Yeah, 4 days is not long enough. MM will probably get back to you. Maybe they will even help!
Finale 27.4.1 - Perfect Layout Silver - Note Performer 4.4 - SmartScore Pro 64 - Windows 11
President, The Shawnee Concert Band, Composer/Arranger, retired Music Teacher.

OuelletteGTR

Post by OuelletteGTR » Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:52 pm

Thank you for your reply! Ok, I'll certainly wait more. I would be curious to hear their suggestion. So I didn't really solve the issue on my own, but maybe downloading updates on my computer was the trick. Have a great day! Scott.

ClausT
Finale Version: V26
Operating System: Mac

Post by ClausT » Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:28 am

just a funny story to take into consideration:

Since I frequently get asked as a "Telephone joker" on finale issues, I spent an hour on the phone and another hour on Skype the other week, to figure out, that in a friends system (Trombonist at the band of the German armed Forces) something was definitely wrong.
There was simply no sound whatsoever coming out of Finale V26 Mac OS 10.current (1 before BigSur)

So I gave him the advice to ask for Germany's reseller support via email since there are some people caring there, who know a lot about problems.
In order to speed things up, I sort of pre-typed some key words into his email, so that he wouldn't be asked e.g. whether his monitor is switched on... (support level 1 ;-) )

Fortunately he was responded by a comprehensive member of customer service who very quickly reckoned, that things had been investigated thoroughly- and this guy came up with a surprising question:

"Due to C19 etc. we have all gone into online communication recently- did you happen to install the zoom app recently?"

Actually on this particular MacBook this had been the case. (His wife is a teacher, so she is doing online teaching since a year, and there a two kids at school, but they all had been using separate hardware)

After de-installing Zoom- Finale was fine again. (using playback Via MIDI & some Garritan Sounds)

Weird, but with good end- so thanks for reading

Stay tune and happy - musicians still on stand-by in Germany

Claus