Converted xml to finale files showing blank page over certain staves

General notation questions, including advanced notation, formatting, etc., go here.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

kglong
Finale Version: v. 26
Operating System: Mac

Post by kglong » Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:52 pm

I converted an xml file to finale (have done this lots with no problems) and the screen/page is glitching.

The first two staves are obscured by white, blank space. When I click a tool, like the measure tool or staff tool, I can see the little boxes that mark where things are on the page. I can also make edits, and when I am hovering over each thing, I can see the information. But as soon as I move my cursor or click, the page goes white.

This is only happening on the first page of the song, and not on any of the others. It happens both in scroll view and in page view, still on just those opening staves.

I even tried copy and pasting those staves to a different page, but they came out obscured after pasting, too.

Has this happened to anyone else? Any tips or workarounds?

Thanks in advance!

miker
Finale Version: Finale 27.4

Post by miker » Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:29 pm

What was the source of the XML? Are there hidden staves in the original?
Finale 27 | SmartScorePro 64
Mac OS 13.2.1 Ventura
Copyist for Barbershop Harmony Society

kglong
Finale Version: v. 26

Post by kglong » Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:48 pm

miker wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:29 pm
What was the source of the XML? Are there hidden staves in the original?
The source is from a music preparer, who had exported from finale into xml and sent over xml files instead of finale files (I do not have access to the original finale files).

There are not hidden staves—and if I save the file as a pdf, all the obscured parts of the page (staves, song title, page number info) shows up just fine, albeit messy since I cannot see to format things.