Expression and Articulation boxes open at minimized size

General notation questions, including advanced notation, formatting, etc., go here.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

Charles Torian
Finale Version: Finale 26
Operating System: Windows

Post by Charles Torian » Wed May 05, 2021 6:54 pm

I have an intermittent issue with the Expression and Articulation Selection boxes. Most of the time they open at about half the size I have become accustomed to seeing for the past 30 years. Sometimes, however, they open at the expected full size. The problem is easily solved by simply clicking on the edge of the boxes and they expand. I would like them to open at full size each time I use them, and would therefore appreciate greater expertise than my own to steer me to a solution. I am using Finale 26 on a Windows 10 computer.

Charles Torian

motet
Finale Version: 2014.5,2011,2005,27
Operating System: Windows

Post by motet » Wed May 05, 2021 8:12 pm

This may or may not work, but after getting the dialogs the size you want, try using File/Save Preferences. I have a vague memory of wrestling with this in the past and having that work. (Since preferences are supposedly always saved, whether you like it or not, when exiting Finale, I'm not quite sure why that command exists, though!)

If it continues, the other thing to try is resetting the Preferences file, which seems to be the source of numerable Finale problems.

[url]https://makemusic.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/ ... e-etc-[url]