Finale Maestro font not working

General notation questions, including advanced notation, formatting, etc., go here.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

Man of Ham
Finale Version: 27
Operating System: Windows

Post by Man of Ham » Sat Jul 10, 2021 3:55 am

Hi,

Trying to use Finale Maestro font to edit dynamic markings in Finale v27, such as typing "p" to add another piano marking to fortepiano, instead typed in Calibri font. I double checked the font was present in my fonts folder and that it was selected in finale as the default articulation font, but it would switch to Calibri as soon as I typed anything, even if I selected Finale Maestro manually. I tried reinstalling Finale to no avail, so I tried removing Finale Maestro font from my computer assuming reinstalling Finale a second time would reinstall the font, since I thought it was new to v27. As it turns out this did not bring back the font, so my question is twofold:

1. How to I re-acquire the Finale Maestro font?
---Solved; Makemusic's font download page was updated just today with the newest fonts
2. How do I get it to work in Finale?

I mean, I'm fine using the legacy font, I'm just baffled that such a big new feature didn't function. I'm using Windows 10 and Finale v27.0.0.708.

Attached is an image of what happens when I type "p" in the Finale Maestro font.

UPDATE: it seems the Finale Maestro font is working, it just looks a lot like Calibri, and it also doesn't put the piano marking like the old maestro font did. I see there's a piano symbol in the font file, but I don't know how to place it when I select it as the articulation font. Typing "p" used to work, now it doesn't.
Attachments
Font.jpg

BuonTempi
Finale Version: Finale 27
Operating System: Mac

Post by BuonTempi » Sat Jul 10, 2021 8:09 am

You don't type "p" for the dynamic symbol, because SMuFL fonts don't use alphabet characters for music symbols.

You have to use Insert Symbol from the Text menu and select the relevant glyph from the selector.

motet
Finale Version: 2014.5,2011,2005,27
Operating System: Windows

Post by motet » Sun Jul 11, 2021 9:41 pm

Or switch to the legacy Maestro font.