Finale 27 Playback Weirdness

General notation questions, including advanced notation, formatting, etc., go here.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

PerrySoldi
Finale Version: 27
Operating System: Windows

Post by PerrySoldi » Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:42 pm

I've written a passage using the No. 8 articulation over some eighth notes; it looked fine, but upon using the playback feature, Finale has made these hidden layer notes visible.

They disappear again when I uncheck "Hidden Notes and Rests" from the View menu, but I would really like to send this file back to my client without it looking terrible.

It's done the same thing to some trill passages later in the piece.

I've never had this issue before. I'm using 27, (but with maestro font because the new font with 27 was giving me other issues).
Attachments
Finale Weirdness.png
Finale Weirdness 2.png

Peter Thomsen
Finale Version: Finale v27.4
Operating System: Mac

Post by Peter Thomsen » Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:59 pm

PerrySoldi wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:42 pm
… They disappear again when I uncheck "Hidden Notes and Rests" from the View menu, but I would really like to send this file back to my client without it looking terrible …
Unfortunately there is nothing you can do about it - since this is not a matter of document specific settings, but rather a matter of program specific settings (which are not saved inside the Finale document).

Document specific settings are saved inside the document.

In Other Words:
Even if the Finale document looks terrible on your computer screen, it may look just fine on your client’s computer screen.

I would not worry.
Mac OS X 12.6.9 (Monterey), Finale user since 1996

BuonTempi
Finale Version: Finale 27
Operating System: Mac

Post by BuonTempi » Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:19 am

It’s worth saying that this is not new to 27. Human Playback uses these hidden notes to create trills and other effects.