Staff Attributes for four bars in piece

General notation questions, including advanced notation, formatting, etc., go here.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

lexbahn
Finale Version: 2007
Operating System: Windows

Post by lexbahn » Thu Jul 29, 2021 5:50 pm

My score is a "Responsorial Psalm". It has one staff. The top line, called the "Refrain" shows staff items clef, key signature, time signature and stems and various other stuff. The remaining lines are the chant Verses that do not show staff items time signature and stems.
Do you have a more elegant solution than mine which is to write the Refrain and export it to graphics tiff file and then import said tiff file to a space above the Verses in another file.
I use Finale 2007. Is a newer version of Finale more accomodating?
God bless!
Walt

miker
Finale Version: Finale 27.4
Operating System: Mac

Post by miker » Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:05 pm

Walt,

If I understand correctly, it sounds like you could do a 5-staff setup, and hide the unneeded staves in both the refrain and verse groups.

Could you post a screen shot of what you are aiming for?
Finale 27 | SmartScorePro 64
Mac OS 13.2.1 Ventura
Copyist for Barbershop Harmony Society

michelp
Finale Version: 27.4.1,26.3.1, Mont.
Operating System: Mac

Post by michelp » Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:31 pm

Staff Attributes are global, but Staff Styles can be applied locally. Maybe you could define a staff style (Staff menu), in which you wouldn't display the elements you don't want. Then apply the staff style locally.
Michel
MacOsX 12.7.4, Finale 27.4.1 & 26.3.1, Mac Mini Intel Dual Core i7 3Ghz, 16 Go Ram. Azerty kb. MOTU Midi Express XT USB, Roland Sound Canvas SC-88vl, MOTU Audio Express. 2 monitors (27"' pivot, 24'"), JW Lua, RGP Lua

lexbahn

Post by lexbahn » Thu Jul 29, 2021 7:48 pm

lexbahn wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 5:50 pm
My score is a "Responsorial Psalm". It has one staff. The top line, called the "Refrain" shows staff items clef, key signature, time signature and stems and various other stuff. The remaining lines are the chant Verses that do not show staff items time signature and stems.
Do you have a more elegant solution than mine which is to write the Refrain and export it to graphics tiff file and then import said tiff file to a space above the Verses in another file.
I use Finale 2007. Is a newer version of Finale more accomodating?
God bless!
Walt
Attachments
ResponsorialPsalmExample.gif
Here is a screenshot of my hack.

lexbahn

Post by lexbahn » Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:00 pm

Staff Styles worked perfectly. Thanks!
God bless!
Walt