Engraving models

General notation questions, including advanced notation, formatting, etc., go here.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

Ian Stewart
Finale Version: 26.3
Operating System: Mac

Post by Ian Stewart » Tue Oct 05, 2021 4:56 pm

The trend is prevalent now with small, almost cottage industry, publishers that I know of. The composers send in their own computer engraved scores which are then published. Whether any further editing is involved I don't know. One small woodwind publisher in England will only accept scores produced in Sibelius - no exceptions. This suggests there may be further editing - although I don't know if the owner aims for a house style - or it could just be to enable playback.
Finale 26.3/Dorico 3.5
Patterson Plug-Ins/TGTools
Garritan COMB/Personal Orchestra 5
MacOS Mojave (10.14.6)
www.ianstewart.xyz

Anders Hedelin
Finale Version: Finale 26, 27.4.1
Operating System: Windows

Post by Anders Hedelin » Tue Oct 05, 2021 5:12 pm

Ian Stewart wrote:
Tue Oct 05, 2021 4:56 pm
The trend is prevalent now with small, almost cottage industry, publishers that I know of. The composers send in their own computer engraved scores which are then published.
Not only with cottage publishers, I would think. No names, though. Aren't there any (non-cottage) publishers here who would take the risk to chime in?
Finale 26.3, 27.4.1
Windows 10

wessmusic
Finale Version: Finale 27.4

Post by wessmusic » Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:35 pm

Ian Stewart wrote:
Sun Oct 03, 2021 1:59 pm
...The Schott edition of Toshi Ichiyanagi - Cloud Atlas looks computer engraved. Although the copyright is 1985 I think the version I have was published in 2004: I don't know though as it's in Japanese except for the year.
Yesterday I received the information that:
Ichiyanagi's "Cloud Atlas" is Schott-Japan production (independent from Schott Mainz).
This score has been engraved on plates, however the titles have been added from films.

best,
Wess
CUSTOM FONTS for FINALE and SIBELIUS
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/f0udkrvb8xvh2zj/AAD_8mVlRzzr5mjZKI7BR7Kza?dl=0
________
Finale user since 1994

Ian Stewart
Finale Version: 26.3

Post by Ian Stewart » Thu Oct 14, 2021 6:23 pm

wessmusic wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:35 pm
Ian Stewart wrote:
Sun Oct 03, 2021 1:59 pm
...The Schott edition of Toshi Ichiyanagi - Cloud Atlas looks computer engraved. Although the copyright is 1985 I think the version I have was published in 2004: I don't know though as it's in Japanese except for the year.
Yesterday I received the information that:
Ichiyanagi's "Cloud Atlas" is Schott-Japan production (independent from Schott Mainz).
This score has been engraved on plates, however the titles have been added from films.

best,
Wess
Thank you for taking the time to find out that information Wess - interesting. I do like the appearance, especailly for that style of music; I just wish I could play it.
Finale 26.3/Dorico 3.5
Patterson Plug-Ins/TGTools
Garritan COMB/Personal Orchestra 5
MacOS Mojave (10.14.6)
www.ianstewart.xyz