LUA help

General notation questions, including advanced notation, formatting, etc., go here.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

magnefl
Finale Version: 27.2
Operating System: Mac

Post by magnefl » Tue Nov 09, 2021 1:32 pm

Hi!

I don't know if this is the right place to post this, but here goes:

I have a repetetive task I perform with a lot of the scores I edit which would save me a lot of time to automate. The only way I can think of to solve this is with LUA:

Expression Tool -> Expression Selection -> Show all -> Select all (which I have to do manually since there is no keyboard shortcut or any other way I know of to do this in this dialog box) -> Reset to Category Fonts & Positioning -> Delete -> NO.

I have not been able to make a FinaleScript that does this because it is not possible to "Select all" as a command I know of in Expression Selection.

Thank you!

ebiggs1
Finale Version: Finale 27.3
Operating System: Windows

Post by ebiggs1 » Tue Nov 09, 2021 4:49 pm

Absolutely not a LUA expert but I know it has not been updated for many years perhaps 10 years. It also appears it won't be so the addition of any new commands is unlikely.
... it is not possible to "Select all" as a command I know of in Expression Selection.
Can you use Ctrl-A to select all. It works in any of the tools like "Expressions" on screen anyway. I don't know.
Finale 27.4.1 - Perfect Layout Silver - Note Performer 4.4 - SmartScore Pro 64 - Windows 11
President, The Shawnee Concert Band, Composer/Arranger, retired Music Teacher.

magnefl

Post by magnefl » Tue Nov 09, 2021 5:25 pm

Thank you for the reply, ebiggs1! Unfortunately Ctrl A doesn’t work in the dialog box. I am no expert in LUA either, but, even if it is old, LUA is still very versatile and has been used to make all sorts of beautiful plugins, even elbsounds Perfect Layout.

motet
Finale Version: 2014.5,2011,2005,27

Post by motet » Tue Nov 09, 2021 5:55 pm

If you are on Facebook, there's a JW Lua group there that has a collection of experts. There's also a mailing list.

ebiggs1
Finale Version: Finale 27.3

Post by ebiggs1 » Tue Nov 09, 2021 5:59 pm

Well shucks! That stinks. :(

Yes I know some very smart people can do wonders with LUA. Just think how much more could be done if it were upgraded from time to time. 64-bit perhaps?

I have Perfect Layout Silver. I love it and use it all the time. It works great.
Finale 27.4.1 - Perfect Layout Silver - Note Performer 4.4 - SmartScore Pro 64 - Windows 11
President, The Shawnee Concert Band, Composer/Arranger, retired Music Teacher.

magnefl

Post by magnefl » Tue Nov 09, 2021 6:14 pm

motet wrote:
Tue Nov 09, 2021 5:55 pm
If you are on Facebook, there's a JW Lua group there that has a collection of experts. There's also a mailing list.
Thanks! I will try to connect with them.