Staff settings resets with document styles

General notation questions, including advanced notation, formatting, etc., go here.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

erikeilert
Finale Version: 26
Operating System: Mac

Post by erikeilert » Fri Dec 17, 2021 2:01 am

Hi

I have a issue :
I'm creating a new document with setup wizard, using a customised document style with large time signatures (score) and measure numbers in the bottom staff (score). This document style is saved from my customised template file, and should be able to be a great startup for a new file with a different ensemble.
What happens is that those large time signatures appears in all staff, and measure numbers in the lead instruments, when creating a new document. I know there is easy ways to fix this manually, but it's still very confusing to have to reset all those things every time using this document style.

Is there any way to make those staff attributes settings follow the document style?

The same problem happens also when I add a new staff, or delete a staff in the score. Suddenly measure numbers appears at lead instruments and so on. Frustrating!!

(I'm aware that the Global Staff Attribute plugin can check of multliple settings, but it shouldn't be necessary to do that every time when creating a new file from that doc style, right?)

Anyone with some secret tips for this issue?

Best wishes from cold Norway
Erik
Attachments
002.jpg
Document style on a new ensemble file
001.jpg
My template which that document style is from