Baritone ukulele TAB?

General notation questions, including advanced notation, formatting, etc., go here.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

surfinboy
Finale Version: 25.5.0.259
Operating System: Mac

Post by surfinboy » Tue Jan 11, 2022 2:43 pm

I'm trying to do a baritone ukulele tab part, strings tuned D-G-B-E (low to high), but that instrument isn't listed in the TAB options. I went to Score Manager, added a ukulele and edited the instrument (changed MIDI pitch values for each) but when I click OK it doesn't add the instrument to the tab list. Is there a way to permanently add this instrument to be one of my TAB selections?
Screen Shot 2022-01-11 at 7.00.10 AM.png
Finale 25.5.0.259 for Mac OS 10.13.6

endamarrie
Finale Version: Finale 2014
Operating System: Windows

Post by endamarrie » Thu Mar 02, 2023 10:11 pm

Adding a baritone ukulele tab is pretty easy. First, open Finale and create a new score. Once the score is open, you can select a baritone ukulele tab part from the list of available instruments in the score setup window. After selecting the part, you will be able to enter the notes into the score. You can also add additional parts, such as a vocal or violin part, by selecting them in the score setup window. Once all the parts are added, you can adjust the settings and adjust the size of the staff to fit the baritone ukulele tab part. Once you have completed the score, you can save it and play it back to check if everything is correct