garritan

General notation questions, including advanced notation, formatting, etc., go here.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

rbsalyer
Finale Version: 2014.5
Operating System: Mac

Post by rbsalyer » Wed Feb 16, 2022 4:12 pm

long time, but sporadic user of finale...running 27 on mac os 10.13.16 high sierra....

finale is running fine...but I want to assign some realistic sounding bass to the bass line....Garritan is no longer available as a plyer under score manager...I never used it before because I couldn't figure it out...

I found a couple of garritans in the application folder but no idea how to attach them to finale....

any help would be appreciated...

rb

N Grossingink
Finale Version: 27.3

Post by N Grossingink » Wed Feb 16, 2022 7:02 pm

You need OS X 10.14 at a minimum to run Finale 27. That could be your problem. Yes, I know it "runs" but if you poke around a bit you might find problems.
N. Grossingink
Educational Band, Orchestra and Jazz Ensemble a specialty
Sample: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pFF5OeJDeLFGHMRyXrubFqZWXBubErw4/view?usp=share_link

Mac Mini 2014 2.6 Ghz, 8Gb RAM
OSX 10.15.7
Finale 2012c, 25.5, 26.3, 27.3

BuonTempi
Finale Version: Finale 27

Post by BuonTempi » Thu Feb 17, 2022 12:59 pm

It's not clear whether you're talking about the bundled Garritan GIFF library that comes with Finale, or purchased libraries, like GPO5.

If you can't see the GIFF library, make sure you're set to play Finale through Audio Units (AU), not through MIDI.

If you have purchased Garritan libraries -- Finale 27 doesn't 'look for' them and hook up to them. You either have to copy over the relevant files from your previous Finale version's Component folders (in the "Data" and "MIDI Device annotation" subfolders); or re-install the Garritan library. (If you download GPO5 from MM now, the latest version looks for Finale 27, to put these files in place.)