Scrolling two measures stops me from editing MIDI

General notation questions, including advanced notation, formatting, etc., go here.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

Tomas E
Finale Version: 25
Operating System: Windows

Post by Tomas E » Sat May 21, 2022 8:23 pm

Isn't there a way to change the number of measures Finale scrolls on each "mouse-wheel-jump"?

I can't edit MIDI data in one of my staves since the smallest step is 2 measures, which means that the first of the two measures that I need to edit disappears to the left. No matter how I try I can't get them in the right position, since Finale chooses to go to the nearest staff below instead of continuing on the one selected from the beginning if I scroll forward again to make that first measure visible.

I don't know if this is an issue related to percussion staves only, but I can't remember having had it on other staves, although I've found it a bit annoying not being able to scroll just one measure. And since the MIDI-Edit window doesn't work in Page View there's no alternative.

Or if it's related to staves with only two continuous measures of music.
Windows 11, Finale 27.4.1

Tomas E

Post by Tomas E » Sat May 21, 2022 8:27 pm

Okay, so now I know how to do it. I must click on the arrows at the bottom of the window. It would still be nice if there's an option to solve what I said in my first post.

Tomas E

Post by Tomas E » Tue May 24, 2022 8:36 pm

There is.

Holding the cursor over the MIDI tool split-window makes it scroll one measure at a time, while holding the cursor over the score makes it scroll two measures at a time. This is much easier than clicking on the arrows.