Percussion Layout Selection for Concert Bass Drum

General notation questions, including advanced notation, formatting, etc., go here.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

Tomas E
Finale Version: 25
Operating System: Windows

Post by Tomas E » Sat May 21, 2022 9:01 pm

To get the right note heads in the Cymbals à due staff I had to change the pitch on the imported XML file. The Percussion Layout Selection for this staff is Concert Cymbals. This doesn't work in the Gran Cassa staff, it looks like in the picture below. The Percussion Layout Selection for Gran Cassa is Concert Bass Drum. I was expecting to see some kind of note head on this line too after changing the pitch, instead of that low out of range note which represents the pitch to be played. (It looked about the same in the Cymbal staff before.)

Percussion notation.gif
Windows 11, Finale 27.4.1

Tomas E
Finale Version: 25
Operating System: Windows

Post by Tomas E » Mon May 23, 2022 9:07 pm

Haha! I was just lucky when changing the cymbal. You need to put all notes on the "B-line" in a 5-line staff. 🤪

What I don't get yet is how note number 70 and 46 can be on the same line. Furthermore Bass Drum is the lower in pitch so it should be treated as such with regard to the keyboard. Still it has has MIDI number 70 and the cymbal 46. It should be the opposite if any.
Windows 11, Finale 27.4.1