Finale 27 advert

General notation questions, including advanced notation, formatting, etc., go here.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

Hector Pascal
Finale Version: Finale 26
Operating System: Mac

Post by Hector Pascal » Thu Jun 02, 2022 12:40 am

Hi all,
I'm still on 26, but FYI, I noticed a summer sale advertisement this morning. I might consider the upgrade once I finish my current projects.

https://www.finalemusic.com/finale-summ ... age_banner

Cheers,
Hector.

johnmouse
Finale Version: 27
Operating System: Windows

Post by johnmouse » Thu Jun 02, 2022 7:50 am

Now that we spent $149 for the upgrade. :x

BuonTempi
Finale Version: Finale 27

Post by BuonTempi » Fri Jun 03, 2022 12:53 pm

MM had sales in 2018 offering a full retail purchase for only $149 and upgrades for $79;
the Black Friday sale in 2019 had upgrades for $99 and full retail at $425, academic at $250.

Even so, $300 (50%) off the full retail price and $250 (71%) off the education price is a pretty serious discount.

Nothing for Garritan libraries, whose last blog post was for a 25% discount in 2019.

Andreo Basisto
Finale Version: 2011

Post by Andreo Basisto » Mon Jun 06, 2022 2:00 pm

Greetings!

Thanks to Hector’s recent e-mail, I’ve just paid for an upgrade to Finale 27 and the download consists of these three files in MakeMusic Finale v27.zip. Namely: License file, finale27 Setup.exe and Installation Steps.txt. I’ve no idea what to do now. Nothing seems to work when I click on these three files. I’ve tried saving into a new folder which I’ve named Finale 27, but all that has happened so far is that Installation Steps.txt changes its name to AAKNOUD ISMAIL on saving and I’m still no further on.

I hope someone can tell me what to do!

Andreo Basisto

mmike
Finale Version: 27.4

Post by mmike » Mon Jun 06, 2022 3:29 pm

Just a very basic question (without wanting to offend ...) - have you actually double-clicked on the setup.exe file? Normally that's all you need to do and it will take you from there through the installation. Have you read the installation tips.txt file? That should explain what to do. You might also take a look at this: http://usermanuals.finalemusic.com/Fina ... stallation
Finale 3.7 > 27.4.1, GPO5, ASUS laptop, 18.4'' display, Intel Core i7, 32GB RAM, WIN 10 Pro, Cubase

Andreo Basisto

Post by Andreo Basisto » Mon Jun 06, 2022 4:38 pm

Greetings mmike!

I am very grateful for your reply and am in no way offended by your basic question! Yes, of course I’ve double-clicked on the setup.exe file but nothing happens. If I double click on the Installation Steps.txt file, all it does is change its name to AAKNOUD ISMAIL as mentioned earlier and I’m no further on.

I was pleased to see your mention of the installation details in the user manual. I followed the first step and went to my account, but all that’s there is my 2011 installation and there’s no sign of a Finale installer. So I went to the next step and right clicked MakeMusic Finale v27.zip. This list appears:
Back, Forward, Reload, Save as… Print… Cast… Search images with Google Lens, Send to your devices, Create QR code for this page, Translate to English, View page source, Inspect.
…and it seems to me that none of those will help me.

I presume that somehow I have to extract the files from the zip file, but I really do not know what to do. I have extracted zip files in the past with other software, but this arrangement is nothing like previous occasions.

Andreo

miker
Finale Version: Finale 27.4

Post by miker » Mon Jun 06, 2022 9:24 pm

If double-clicking doesn't open the zip file, does Windows have a context menu which includes unzip, expand, or something similar?
Finale 27 | SmartScorePro 64
Mac OS 13.2.1 Ventura
Copyist for Barbershop Harmony Society

Andreo Basisto

Post by Andreo Basisto » Tue Jun 07, 2022 8:41 am

Greetings again!

I can now report that I’ve managed to install Finale 27! The initial screen was, to me, totally confusing and not at all intuitive. I downloaded the link again and, as before, I got the list of three files in large print in the middle of the screen: License file, Finale27 Setup.exe and Installation Steps.txt.

But this time I spotted a small ‘download’ button at the top-most left corner of the screen. This worked, although there were still some hoops to jump through before I could finally install Finale 27. Wouldn’t it have been easier for the designers to put the ‘download’ button in the middle of the screen? I have to add, though, that I don’t know if this is Finale’s fault or Etsy’s fault who supplied the programme to me. I will contact Etsy to let them know my thoughts….

Andreo

PS I'll update my profile once I've got Finale 27 working to my satisfaction. This may take a few days....

ebiggs1
Finale Version: Finale 27.3

Post by ebiggs1 » Tue Jun 07, 2022 4:25 pm

I have only used the Make Music d/l for buying and installing Finale. It has a single d/l button and is simple to use.
Finale 27.4.1 - Perfect Layout Silver - Note Performer 4.4 - SmartScore Pro 64 - Windows 11
President, The Shawnee Concert Band, Composer/Arranger, retired Music Teacher.