Question 2 after installing Finale 27

General notation questions, including advanced notation, formatting, etc., go here.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

Andreo Basisto
Finale Version: 2011
Operating System: Windows

Post by Andreo Basisto » Tue Jun 07, 2022 4:57 pm

An essential part of Finale 2011 for me is the keyboard shortcut that allows me to change the INS key to a tie and the END key to add a dot (in Speedy). Why don’t these work in Finale 27? I’ve just programmed them both and the tie command inserts a tie for one second which then immediately disappears; the dot command inserts a double dot!

Has anyone got any solutions to these two difficulties?

Andreo Basisto

David Ward
Finale Version: F 25.5 & 26.3
Operating System: Mac

Post by David Ward » Tue Jun 07, 2022 8:40 pm

Some of these keystrokes/shortcuts may have changed after F 2011.

Either way, in F 26 and I'm pretty sure also F27 there are lists of all the available keyboard shortcuts in each of the main tools available by clicking on Keyboard Shortcuts in the Help menu along the top menu bar (at least in the Mac version). There is also a list of Speedy Edit Commands in the Speedy menu.
Finale 25.5 & 26.3
Mac 10.13.6 & 10.14.6

Andreo Basisto
Finale Version: 2011
Operating System: Windows

Post by Andreo Basisto » Wed Jun 08, 2022 11:24 am

Thanks David. I’ve checked both lists and they give the normal (traditional) commands for adding a dot (.) or tie (= or T).

What I’m after are the shortcuts that Zuill explained some years ago which keep these commands under the hand when using Speedy (END for a dot and INS for a tie) so I don’t need to leap over half the keyboard with my hand.

Some while ago, I remember trying out an earlier upgrade of Finale and sadly it was the same then and so I didn’t go ahead with the upgrade. I was hoping that by now this will have been resolved.

Andreo