Cursor stops working and won't select

General notation questions, including advanced notation, formatting, etc., go here.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

heinzfan
Finale Version: 27
Operating System: Windows

Post by heinzfan » Fri Jul 01, 2022 8:59 pm

This issue occurs every once in a while, and seems to occur when playback is started and abruptly stopped. The cursor will not respond when clicking or double-clicking the mouse, although menu items can be selected and implemented via the keyboard. I can open another file and the cursor selection will work normally, but not if I return to the original file. I can save the file, close and then reopen and the cursor will work normally.

I'm curious if anyone else has seen this occasional behavior? I think it might be related to third party VST, although the sporadic nature of the problem makes it impossible to test.
Finale 27, Windows 10, VST: Vienna Instruments/Ensemble/Synchron, Cubase, Kontakt 5

miker
Finale Version: Finale 27.4
Operating System: Mac

Post by miker » Fri Jul 01, 2022 9:06 pm

As you say, something like that is almost impossible to trace. The only suggestions I can make are restart Finale; if no joy, restart the computer.

Make sure that your drivers are all up to date. Can you work without that third-party VST, at least long enough to see if the problem recurs?
Finale 27 | SmartScorePro 64
Mac OS 13.2.1 Ventura
Copyist for Barbershop Harmony Society

heinzfan
Finale Version: 27
Operating System: Windows

Post by heinzfan » Sat Jul 02, 2022 12:56 am

It's really just an occasional annoyance and only affects operations on the file I'm working with. Closing the file and reopening the file fixes it. I was mainly curious if any other users had experienced something similar.
Finale 27, Windows 10, VST: Vienna Instruments/Ensemble/Synchron, Cubase, Kontakt 5