Piano Pedal marking and Playback

General notation questions, including advanced notation, formatting, etc., go here.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

ry1633

Post by ry1633 » Mon Jul 04, 2022 3:01 am

Is there anything special I have to do in Playback settings to make the Piano Pedal marking sound during playback? I am drawing the pedal marking with the Smart Shape / Custom Line tool, and I've been trying a few different Human Playback styles including setting that to "None" and I'm not sure I hear much of a difference in anything I try there. Using Finale 27 in Windows 10/64.

Pseudotonal
Finale Version: 2011b
Operating System: Windows

Post by Pseudotonal » Sun Nov 20, 2022 12:51 pm

ry1633 wrote:
Mon Jul 04, 2022 3:01 am
Is there anything special I have to do in Playback settings to make the Piano Pedal marking sound during playback? I am drawing the pedal marking with the Smart Shape / Custom Line tool, and I've been trying a few different Human Playback styles including setting that to "None" and I'm not sure I hear much of a difference in anything I try there. Using Finale 27 in Windows 10/64.
My piano pedal won't work either. I'm using version 2011b in Windows 10/64. It used to work on my Windows 7 computer, and all the previous Finale versions I had. It used to work using articulation tool and expression tool. When I use the expression tool and assign pedal it doesn't work on the layer I attached it to (layer 3 channel 3), but it affects layer 1 instead. The Smart Shape doesn't work at all.
Pseudotonal