Lyric window goes blank

General notation questions, including advanced notation, formatting, etc., go here.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

MPackham
Finale Version: 27.2.0
Operating System: Windows

Post by MPackham » Wed Jul 27, 2022 5:39 pm

I pasted text into my lyric window and did some editing in it. When I went back to the main Finale window, the Lyric window went blank. I repeated the action, saved the file, went back into the lyric window and still found it blank.
I tried editing lyrics again, saving the file with the edits and exited Finale. I reopened Finale and the saved file. The edits to the lyrics are not there. I checked for any update to finale--I have the most current version. Everything else in the file saves and loads perfectly.

What's the deal?

motet
Finale Version: 2014.5,2011,2005,27

Post by motet » Wed Jul 27, 2022 6:19 pm

Are the lyrics edits showing up in the music? In the lyrics window is a setting for verse, chorus, section, and a number. Make sure those are correct (Verse 1?).

An upgrade to Finale will usually not solve a bug. :-)

MPackham
Finale Version: 27.2.0

Post by MPackham » Wed Jul 27, 2022 7:17 pm

Thanks for such a quick reply :) Yes, I'm very careful with noticing verse, chorus, etc.

I just went in and typed some lyrics directly into the score. They did appear in the correct text window. I saved the file, exited Finale, and then opened it again. The lyrics WERE there, both in the score and the window.

Perplexing. Did it have anything to do with copy/paste functionality?

Well, I do have a work-around, just more tedious than my normal ctrl.click assignment.

Thanks