Finale 25.5 for Mac quitting unexpectedly

General notation questions, including advanced notation, formatting, etc., go here.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

sergiobn

Post by sergiobn » Thu Oct 20, 2022 12:35 am

I was using for about 2 years Finale for Mac v. 25.5 in a a Mac mini running OS High Sierra. Now I have a MacBook Pro 2010 running OS Monterey and I recently installed Finale (same version) on it and it was running without problems. But since yesterdays when I touch the play button to play a melody, Finale quits unexpectedly. Before that I remember that when I was creating an Expression in the Expression tool and I was inserting a certain character and clicking the Assign button, Finale also quitted unexpecdly. I cannot figure out why is this happening. Any help?
Sergio Barrozo

sergiobn

Post by sergiobn » Thu Oct 20, 2022 12:37 am

In the message I have posted I wrongly said that I'm now using a Macbook 2010, but it's a Macbook 2019 running OS Monterey.
Sergio Barrozo

bakkumd
Finale Version: 25, 26, 27
Operating System: Mac

Post by bakkumd » Thu Oct 20, 2022 3:05 am

Here is a link to a Finale help center page that states Finale 25.5 is not compatible with operating systems beyond MacOS 10.14 Mojave:

https://makemusic.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/ ... n-Products
All previous versions of Finale (v25 and earlier) are not compatible with operating systems beyond macOS 10.14 Mojave. No updates will be issued and these releases will continue to remain in their current state. Please refer to our system requirements for operating system compatibility information for each version of Finale.
Finale 25, 26, 27, Patterson Plug-ins, JW Plug-ins, TG Tools, Perfect Layout Gold, Keyboard Maestro, Adobe CS6 - CC, MacOS Mojave through Monterey. NotePerformer 3, Dorico 4, Sibelius Ultimate.