exporting Finale scores to video

General notation questions, including advanced notation, formatting, etc., go here.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

ry1633

Post by ry1633 » Mon Oct 24, 2022 10:29 pm

HI all,

This may well have been discussed before, and I may be late to the table. I was wondering how I might create videos of my Finale scores with scrolling and sync'ed audio. I'd like to create videos of my scores with playback audio. I have Finale 27 (Windows 10/64-bit) and the full Garritan Personal Orchestra suite. Cakewalk is my DAW, and I use the AVS4YOU suite of video/audio editing tools.

Near as I can tell, Finale has no direct export to video unlike other products. I'm ok with having to do a screen capture output etc. But I'd like to streamline the process; if it's too labor-intensive to do with Finale that's ok. I just wanted to know how some of you might be doing it.

I would like to do something like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8KVBLqBG9Q

Djard
Finale Version: Finale 26
Operating System: Windows

Post by Djard » Tue Oct 25, 2022 11:32 pm

I use Corel's Live Screen Capture, but some freeware is available that works very well. Snagit is a dedicated screen capture tool, with loads of features. You can frame the section of the Finale GUI on your screen, which I would size to, say, 16:9; so that the aspect ratio accommodates standard video format (no distracting borders). MKVToolNix or AVIDemux are free and let you losslessly trim any unwanted footage, also concatenate and save the clip in a variety of popular containers (MP4, MKV, WMV, AVI etc.). If you want to add a splash page and transitions, you will need to invest in a video editor. Corel's Video Editor is my choice. If you need codecs, K-Lite is my favorite, supporting just about every format possible and updates without bloating the installation (unlike some, it overwrites any outdated versions). Nice!