Finding Topics In Finale Index

General notation questions, including advanced notation, formatting, etc., go here.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

webs
Finale Version: Finale V26
Operating System: Mac

Post by webs » Thu Dec 01, 2022 2:20 am

I have been using Finale for over 30 years, and I have been quite satisfied with the software.
However, there are some things that have been missing since the beginning, and are still missing
I always attributed this problem to Finale (under all predecessor names) prioritizing score appearance and preparation over all else, including use
But the final straw is Finale's Documentation which gets revised from time to time, but seldom better ... for example,
I couldn't remember how to hide Groups of Staves and went on the internet, then on to Finale's Topic Index
All I could find was thousands of entries on hiding a single staff or empty staves and equally useless information ... I felt like I was using a foreign language during my search

So I went into my Finale Program and searched the Menus until I found
STAFF SETS (Yes, it all came back to me, without anything more than those 2 words)
OF COURSE STAFF SETS DOES NOT APPEAR UNDER STAFF OR STAVES OR THEIR SUBTOPICS
That cost me over 45 minutes, and I do consider myself a competent user after 30 ++ years
I have to wonder how many man hours are lost by less experienced users
I really have to question whether MakeMusic or Yamaha has any commitment to this wonderful program
webs