Horse whinny?

General notation questions, including advanced notation, formatting, etc., go here.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

bvstudios
Finale Version: Finale 2014.5
Operating System: Windows

Post by bvstudios » Wed Dec 21, 2022 7:21 am

Hello folks! It's been a couple of years since I was here last (medical issues sidelined me for most of that time), but I am still creating music in Finale, and this week I am facing an issue that doesn't seem to have come up before.

For a family group I have done up an arrangement of "Sleigh Ride", the seasonal classic complete with bells, chimes, wood blocks etc.

However, it ends with a "horse whinny" on a solo trumpet in most of the popular versions, and try as I might, I can't make the playback do that... Nothing in Garritan seems to work. Two scores I have both show a simple glissando (G -G) and a text note "horse whinny" above the gliss shape. Naturally, Garritan has no idea how to process that command and simply plays back a sliding glissando.

Not the best.

Before I grab a sample whinny from the 'Net and finesse it in through the DAW, I thought I'd put it out to you good folks to see if anyone here has been able to find a solution to this, or am I maybe the first one to try? If so, maybe I should put it on a wish list. The trumpet sound does pop up from time to time in popular orchestral music.

At any rate- Seasons Greetings, everyone!!!

K
Finale 26.3.1 GPO4, GPO5, JABB & WORLD
K M Frye
BVStudios
Victoria
Finale 26, 2014.5, 2012 Print Music 2011b, 2010, 2009, 2007, 2004, 2000,1997
GPO4, JABB3, World Instruments.
S-I drums