Unable to enter or edit lyrics

General notation questions, including advanced notation, formatting, etc., go here.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

stevemillikan
Finale Version: Finale 2014
Operating System: Windows

Post by stevemillikan » Thu Jan 26, 2023 9:46 pm

Finale 2014.5 Windows 10 Pro, plenty of RAM.

I cannot enter or edit lyrics as of yesterday evening. When attempting to enter new lyrics, there is no response; nothing happens. When attempting to edit existing lyrics, a small box appears with and somewhat on each syllable, but attempting to enter new lyrics does nothing, although the box fills to show that syllable is selected, and I am able to reposition that syllable. Also, the positioning triangles to the left of the staff do not appear. Pretty sure I inadvertently messed something up when I was tweaking preferences, although the only pref. I thought I altered was number of undos, which I have since changed back.

I don't think it's computer or keyboard related - the text and chord tools, articulations, etc., all function normally. Help!

David Ward
Finale Version: F 25.5 & 26.3
Operating System: Mac

Post by David Ward » Thu Jan 26, 2023 10:22 pm

Could it possibly just be that in the Lyrics menu you have ‘Adjust Syllables’ selected instead of ‘Type Into Score’ (if that is your usual method of entering lyrics)? That would have the effect you are experiencing. My apologies if it's something altogether more complicated that's at fault here.
Finale 25.5 & 26.3
Mac 10.13.6 & 10.14.6

stevemillikan
Finale Version: Finale 2014
Operating System: Windows

Post by stevemillikan » Thu Jan 26, 2023 11:02 pm

That could possibly be it! Bingo! Thank you so much!