Percussion Part line spacing after extraction

General notation questions, including advanced notation, formatting, etc., go here.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

HeartofTexas
Finale Version: 26.3.1.520
Operating System: Windows

Post by HeartofTexas » Sun Mar 19, 2023 4:50 pm

I haven't been able to find a discussion on this topic exactly. Here's my process.
Wrote a score percussion staff of Triangle, Crash Cymbals and Bass Drum. Used Score Manager Percussion Settings, Select (Basic Orchestral Percussion)- Edit to assign staff lines to these 3 parts; Triangle 12, Crash (All) Cymbals 7, Bass Drum 3. I am using a single staff line attribute for percussion.

I extracted the 3 instrument part, then decided that it might be too busy to easily read and extracted the Triangle part, assigned staff line 12 separately. Now that it is its own part, I wanted to lower the note line closer to the single staff line.

I don't want to alter the score or other part, how can I lower the triangle note line in the triangle part alone?
Triangle Note above single staff line.JPG
Finale 26.3.1.520; Win 10; GPO5

Peter Thomsen
Finale Version: Finale v27.4
Operating System: Mac

Post by Peter Thomsen » Sun Mar 19, 2023 6:20 pm

Since the Triangle part es an extracted part, it is no longer linked to the score.

Hence you can freely edit the Triangle part document’s Percussion Layout.
This is done in the Percussion Layout Designer.

I could be wrong, but I think that you should set the notehead Staff Position to 6.

The original score document will not be affected (since the extracted part is not linked to the score document).
Mac OS X 12.6.9 (Monterey), Finale user since 1996