ScoreMerge Deletes Formatting of Destination Document

General notation questions, including advanced notation, formatting, etc., go here.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

BurtGoldstein
Finale Version: 27
Operating System: Mac

Post by BurtGoldstein » Wed Aug 02, 2023 7:35 pm

Hi,

I read the manual, but after merging, the destination document's stave attributes (time signatures on top staff only) have been destroyed. Now time signatures (my big ones) appear on every staff. Worse, I don't know what lese have been removed. The reason I merged into this destination document was that it was the first movement, and perfectly formatted. I don;t want to wonder what else has been changed, or proofread every possible thing that can go wrong. In Finale, that's a long list!

I have 3 musx files. RAW is the import from DDP's MIDI output, with many tracks renamed to match the destination Score Manager's track names.
Mvt 1 is the destination whose format I want to keep
Mvt 1 & 2 was my result after ScoreManager did its thing.

Here's a video of me showing the problem:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/5h61s21ike6zg ... s.mov?dl=0

Finale 27.3.0.160 on Nac

N Grossingink
Finale Version: 27.3

Post by N Grossingink » Thu Aug 03, 2023 12:51 pm

I would just manually merge the two files. That way, the staff properties will carry on through the second merged file, I think.

In case you're wondering how:
•Add a measure to the end of the first, destination file.
•Set the edit filter to copy everything and copy the second, source file.
•Select the entire stack of the added measure, and select Edit > Insert. The second file will be appended to the first.
•In measure attributes for the first measure of the appended file, select Time Signature > Always Show and Start a New Staff System.
•In measure attributes for the last measure of the first file, check Hide Cautionary Clef, Key and Time Signatures.
•Go to the end of the file and delete the blank measure added previously.
N. Grossingink
Educational Band, Orchestra and Jazz Ensemble a specialty
Sample: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pFF5OeJDeLFGHMRyXrubFqZWXBubErw4/view?usp=share_link

Mac Mini 2014 2.6 Ghz, 8Gb RAM
OSX 10.15.7
Finale 2012c, 25.5, 26.3, 27.3

BurtGoldstein
Finale Version: 27

Post by BurtGoldstein » Thu Aug 03, 2023 7:00 pm

SHORT STORY:
Worked like a charm! I especially like the clarity of your instructions.

TOO MUCH INFORMATION?:

For the record:The result omitted many of the staves in my 2nd movement. However this is not a problem, since I will probably add very few new staves to the work, and will just copy the extra material into existing tracks.

Just to be clear: The issue was never whether the staff properties would carry thru to the 2nd movement (but I am glad for your instructions as to how to insure that they do!).
The problem with ScoreMerge was that the staff attributes were stripped from the lst movement. And I worried other things might have been lost.