N.C. Chord designation ??

General notation questions, including advanced notation, formatting, etc., go here.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

HeartofTexas
Finale Version: 27.4.1.110
Operating System: Windows

Post by HeartofTexas » Thu Dec 21, 2023 6:11 pm

Working on a jazz chart and most things arr going well. But as I was changing chord fonts from Broadway to Finale Jazz Lowercase, a few of my chords must have gotten damaged based on the results I am getting now.

I am using Finale 27.4.1.110, the latest downloadable version, the Chord font profile under Document Options is as follows:
Symbol: Finale Jazz Text Lowercase 12 fixed plain;
Suffix*: Finale Jazz Text Lowercase 14 fixed plain;
Alteration: Maestro 14 fixed plain;
Fret-board: Seville 36 plain.

The piece is in Bb major. When I try to use the chord function, whether manual or any number of staff analysis, for the G minor chord I get a greyed out "N.C." (without the quotation marks). When I go to the Edit Chord window I see the attached photo. I have not been able to find a reference to this particular problem. I have not been able to clear the N.C Chord to replace it with the Gm text. I did type in Gm to replace the N.C. in the Chord Symbol box, but what I get is the chord a major 3rd higher, so Gm becomes Bm. I did try to delete all of the learned chords for this document via the Chord->Edit Learned Chords window, but even deleting most of the learned chords, I cannot fix this problem.

Not sure what to try next. I could always just text in the correct chord, but I am searching for a better fix. Anyone see this yet?

Thanks,
NC Chord photo.JPG
Finale 26.3.1.520; Win 10; GPO5

Djard
Finale Version: Finale 26

Post by Djard » Thu Dec 28, 2023 5:49 pm

If you upload a sample of the chord, I will be happy to try and figure out the problem for you.

motet
Finale Version: 2014.5,2011,2005,27

Post by motet » Thu Dec 28, 2023 6:12 pm

I think you need to upload your file to get to the bottom of it.
Attachments
0545.png