Finale 27.4 and Intel Iris Xe graphics

General notation questions, including advanced notation, formatting, etc., go here.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

sschimel
Finale Version: Finale 2017.3
Operating System: Windows

Post by sschimel » Thu Dec 28, 2023 6:09 pm

My fabulous bro-in-law gifted me a new laptop for Hanukkah. It's running the latest Core I9, Windows 11, Intel Iris Xe graphics, with 16 gigs of ram and a 1 terabyte hard SSD. And since installing Finale on the new 'puter, it takes forever to open the program, whether by opening from a file or opening the program first. Are there known issues with FInale and Iris Xe graphics?
"Musick has Charms to sooth a savage Breast" William Congreve, in The Mourning Bride, 1697

BuonTempi
Finale Version: Finale 27
Operating System: Mac

Post by BuonTempi » Fri Dec 29, 2023 12:50 pm

I'd be very surprised if Finale did anything with GPUs directly, in any way at all.

Is it only loading the app that takes a long time? Nothing else, like note input?

Anecdotally, issues on Windows seem to involve having thousands of third-party VST plug-ins; or problems with configuring audio drivers.

sschimel
Finale Version: Finale 2017.3
Operating System: Windows

Post by sschimel » Thu Jan 11, 2024 1:38 pm

I had to reset preferences and also use DIsk Cleanup in WIndows. It works fine now.
"Musick has Charms to sooth a savage Breast" William Congreve, in The Mourning Bride, 1697