Cue Text

General notation questions, including advanced notation, formatting, etc., go here.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

EHMS
Finale Version: Finale 27
Operating System: Windows

Post by EHMS » Mon Jan 01, 2024 6:26 pm

The "Add Cue Notes" plug in results in a cue name text of 15 pt located in the Miscellaneous Expressions.

15 pt is too large - I want to reduce it, but I don't want to have to adjust each entry in the Miscellaneous menu.

Is there a way to set the Cue text font/size to have it then apply to all cue note entries?

Thanks.

michelp
Finale Version: 27.4.1,26.3.1, Mont.
Operating System: Mac

Post by michelp » Mon Jan 01, 2024 7:05 pm

The full TGTools (paid version) -> Parts -> "Add Cue notes" places the Cue texts in a new expression category, named "Cues".
The texts are 15 by default, but you can change the font size of that category (via Edit Category).
If you have RGP Lua installed, there is a script "Cue Notes Create" that places the Cue texts in a special category, too, with the same possibility of Edit.
https://www.finalelua.com/scripts
Michel
MacOsX 12.7.4, Finale 27.4.1 & 26.3.1, Mac Mini Intel Dual Core i7 3Ghz, 16 Go Ram. Azerty kb. MOTU Midi Express XT USB, Roland Sound Canvas SC-88vl, MOTU Audio Express. 2 monitors (27"' pivot, 24'"), JW Lua, RGP Lua

motet
Finale Version: 2014.5,2011,2005,27
Operating System: Windows

Post by motet » Mon Jan 01, 2024 7:56 pm

The full TG Tools I have for 2014.5 puts them in the Miscellaneous category, which is a big pain. I have to manually move them to another category, then do "reset to category fonts." He must have made the change for the 64-bit version of TG Tools.

This all broke when MakeMusic did away with "Measure" vs "Note" expressions. The 15-point font was a ham-fisted solution so that attaching the expression to a scaled-down cue note would bring the expression back down to size. The only problem is, the cue is assigned to layer 1, which has not been scaled down. I suppose you could change the assignment to Layer 4, but that requires going through a cumbersome dialog.