pizz

General notation questions, including advanced notation, formatting, etc., go here.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

musicus
Finale Version: Finale v26
Operating System: Mac

Post by musicus » Tue Jan 02, 2024 4:26 pm

Just as a test, I have used classical guitar as the sound in the attached. Is there any way
to get these measures to sound as cello pizzicato? I don't see pizz in the instrument list.
Attachments
test3.musx
(103.39 KiB) Downloaded 29 times

dtoub
Finale Version: 27.3

Post by dtoub » Tue Jan 02, 2024 10:59 pm

Absolutely. Make sure you select the Aria player (or Noteperformer or any other playback engine) in ScoreManager, then in the player, select the cello (I used the cello-KS section from GPO5 but it will work with the included Garritan sounds in the ARIA player just the same). Make sure Human Playback is on, as it was in your file, and you should be good. At worst, you might have to invoke MIDI/Audio: Reassign Playback Sounds but then you should be fine. See the attached-hopefully it will work on your end.
test3 dbt.musx
(103.55 KiB) Downloaded 32 times
http://dbtmusic.wordpress.com

https://dtoub.bandcamp.com/

Finale 27.x/macOS Sonoma/GPO 5/NotePerformer/Perfect Layout/Reason 12

musicus
Finale Version: Finale v26

Post by musicus » Tue Jan 02, 2024 11:03 pm

Thanks.
dtoub wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2024 10:59 pm
Absolutely. Make sure you select the Aria player (or Noteperformer or any other playback engine) in ScoreManager, then in the player, select the cello (I used the cello-KS section from GPO5 but it will work with the included Garritan sounds in the ARIA player just the same). Make sure Human Playback is on, as it was in your file, and you should be good. At worst, you might have to invoke MIDI/Audio: Reassign Playback Sounds but then you should be fine. See the attached-hopefully it will work on your end. test3 dbt.musx