DirectSound

General notation questions, including advanced notation, formatting, etc., go here.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

sschimel
Finale Version: Finale 2017.3
Operating System: Windows

Post by sschimel » Thu Jan 11, 2024 1:36 pm

Shalom from Israel!
I'm using Finale 27 with the latest update, Windows 11 (also the latest update) on a brand new laptop. When I open Finale, either from a document or to create a new document, the default is ASIO. I want the default to be DirectSound. I can change it to that from Device Setup, Audio Setup and it works fine. But when I close the program and reopen it later, it reverts to ASIO. How can I make that change permanent? Thanks in advance for your help.
"Musick has Charms to sooth a savage Breast" William Congreve, in The Mourning Bride, 1697

motet
Finale Version: 2014.5,2011,2005,27
Operating System: Windows

Post by motet » Thu Jan 11, 2024 4:19 pm

It seems that if Finale can't find a microphone it won't save the audio settings. Or, rather, it will, but when you start it up again it sees there is no microphone and reverts to defaults. You could try changing the mic settings on your laptop and see if that helps. I resorted to writing a Finale script to set the audio settings that I have to remember to run every time.

I reported this problem 10 years ago. I don't know why they won't fix simple bugs like this.