Export Manuscript Texture Setting to PDF????

General notation questions, including advanced notation, formatting, etc., go here.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

PianoWizard
Finale Version: 27.4
Operating System: Mac

Post by PianoWizard » Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:41 pm

No. They only offer a Sepia option which is more analogous to adjusting the Night Shift setting on a Mac or iOS device to be warmer. To get to the setting double tap your screen and in the icons that appear I believe it is the right-most icon on the lower row of icons. Not in front of my forScore device right now. I didn’t find this setting to help reduce the screen glare of the white background sufficiently. Adding the Finale Score Paper background as described above made a dramatic improvement. If you need any clarification on either the Keynote approach or using the Automator built-in “Watermark PDF Documents action let me know. It is surprising forScore doesn’t offer this yet; the Henle sheet reader app does allow for changing the PDF background.

Dave

AnneMillington
Finale Version: 27.3.0
Operating System: Windows

Post by AnneMillington » Mon Mar 11, 2024 6:15 pm

Thank you, Dave. I have only just started using forScore, and appreciate learning its ins and outs.

Carlos Chesney
Finale Version: Finale 2014

Post by Carlos Chesney » Fri Apr 12, 2024 1:59 pm

I have a free and easy variant for that:
Print screen your manuscript, add what you want while editing it, and convert your image to PDF online with something like https://oneconvert.com/pdf-converter/jpg-to-pdf

BuonTempi
Finale Version: Finale 27

Post by BuonTempi » Sat Apr 13, 2024 8:34 am

Carlos Chesney wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2024 1:59 pm
Print screen your manuscript
Do you mean screenshot? :o That's going to be low-resolution, and very pixelated, compared to a vector PDF exported from Finale.

And why use an online PDF converter, when you're on a Mac, which can do this instantly?