Using Graphics in Shape Designer

General notation questions, including advanced notation, formatting, etc., go here.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

CMoncur
Finale Version: Finale 26.3.1 Mac
Operating System: Mac

Post by CMoncur » Wed Feb 28, 2024 12:03 am

I have a fairly specific need that I was sure I'd be able to figure out on my own but so far have run into some unusual roadblocks.

I am trying to create some expressions that look like this:
Screenshot 2024-02-27 at 6.54.25 PM.png
Screenshot 2024-02-27 at 6.54.25 PM.png (11.92 KiB) Viewed 180 times
I was hoping to be able to draw them in the shape designer but I can't seem to figure out how to change the color of the font to white so it shows up on the filled in shapes. Everything else works (though is a pain to draw) but that simple task seems to have me stumped.

So instead, I made a graphic of these and made a shape using the graphic. Not ideal as it makes the file size bloat and I imagine could become a problem down the line as these files get used more and more. But it was the only solution I could seem to find.

Now, I have to go into about 40 other files to add these in multiple places so I went to save a library of Shapes, Shape Expression & Text Expressions (just in case) and as soon as I load them into another file, the shapes are blank and therefore so are the Expressions.

So now I'm hoping I've just missed something and someone will have a solution for me to go back to my original intention and draw them as shapes with the white text.

Thanks in advance!
Finale 26.3.1, Mac OS X 13.6.3

ebiggs1
Finale Version: Finale 27.3
Operating System: Windows

Post by ebiggs1 » Wed Feb 28, 2024 3:37 pm

The graphics designer is a mystery place! :wink: I would use Photoshop.
Finale 27.4.1 - Perfect Layout Silver - Note Performer 4.4 - SmartScore Pro 64 - Windows 11
President, The Shawnee Concert Band, Composer/Arranger, retired Music Teacher.