PercNoteTypes.txt is missing or corrupt

General notation questions, including advanced notation, formatting, etc., go here.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

ArtifWinds
Finale Version: 26
Operating System: Windows

Post by ArtifWinds » Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:45 pm

Hello, thank you in advanced for any help here.

I am trying to install finale 26, but when I run the exe I get a notification saying "PercNoteTypes.txt is missing or corrupt. Please re-install it". I started by trying to re install the program, but after a few tries no luck. I then managed to find the configuration files folder where the other .txt files seem to be and can confirm that I am missing PercNoteTypes.txt.

Is there a place where I can find or download this missing file so I can plop it into the folder?

Just to cover my bases, I have the following files in the configuration files folder:
ensembles.txt
keymaps.txt
MacSymbolFonts.txt
pagesizes.txt
PercMapConversionTable.txt

Can anyone let me know if I am missing other files aside from PercNoteTypes.txt?

Last bit of information in case it is helpful: I am running on a linux system (I purchased finale back when I had a mac but I unfortunately no longer have access to it). I am trying to reinstall using the windows version of finale and running it through a program called Lutris that is commonly used to run windows games on linux. Lutris has successfully run other windows programs on my system, games and otherwise, so I think as long as I can get that missing .txt file I will be good to go.

Thank you all again for any help
-Artif

motet
Finale Version: 2014.5,2011,2005,27

Post by motet » Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:07 pm

I don't have Finale 26 but with Finale 27 that file is in

C:\Program Files\MakeMusic\Finale\27\Resources

I've attached a copy for you (download, then unzip).
Attachments
PercNoteTypes.zip
(7.55 KiB) Downloaded 6 times

ArtifWinds

Post by ArtifWinds » Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:17 pm

Thank you for your help! I put it in the folder but I'm still getting the same error notification. I'm going to keep troubleshooting. Thank you for the resource!

motet
Finale Version: 2014.5,2011,2005,27

Post by motet » Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:38 pm

Might be a file permissions problem. Try right-clicking the Finale icon and selecting Run as Administrator. If that fixes it, you might want to rerun the installation as administrator, which I think MakeMusic suggests you do.

ArtifWinds

Post by ArtifWinds » Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:43 pm

I actually got it. For some reason my device created 4 different directories. It must have made a new one each time I tried to reinstall it. Once I found the right directory and placed the file there it worked. Thank you again for your help!