PrintMusic 07: Measure Numbers refuse to show

General notation questions, including advanced notation, formatting, etc., go here.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

jason_s

Post by jason_s » Sun Feb 03, 2008 2:36 am

Hello,

After searching the forum for a similar problem, I couldn't quite find anything that matched the issue I am having:
After opening a .mus file originally created in Notepad, I cannot get PrintMusic to show any measure numbers (regardless of which or how many measures are selected). I go to the Measure menu and select Show Numbers under Measure Numbers, but nothing happens--the Hide Numbers item is still greyed out, as if I had never even clicked the Show Numbers item. I have not had this problem on any other .mus files in PrintMusic.

I'm going to be submitting this music to a competition, so I'd really like it to have measure numbers. :) Any help would be greatly appreciated!

~Jason

michelp
Finale Version: 27.4.1,26.3.1, Mont.
Operating System: Mac

Post by michelp » Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:49 am

- Did you define a region with measure numbers (in the measure tool->menu) ?
- In the staff attributes, did you select the measure numbers in the items to display ?
Michel
MacOsX 12.7.5, Finale 27.4.1 & 26.3.1, Mac Mini Intel Dual Core i7 3Ghz, 16 Go Ram. Azerty kb. MOTU Midi Express XT USB, Roland Sound Canvas SC-88vl, MOTU Audio Express. 2 monitors (27"' pivot, 24'"), JW Lua, RGP Lua

jason_s

Post by jason_s » Sun Feb 03, 2008 9:12 pm

I'm not sure what you mean by defining a region; the only menu options in PrintMusic pertain to adding, inserting, deleting, and numbering measures (the Show Measure Numbers option). There are no items about regions.

In the staff attributes window, every staff is configured to display measure numbers.

michelp
Finale Version: 27.4.1,26.3.1, Mont.
Operating System: Mac

Post by michelp » Sun Feb 03, 2008 9:53 pm

We may need a Printmusic user to take over. In Finale, when you are in the measure tool, in the measure menu, there is "Edit measure number regions".
Anything like that in Printmusic ?
Michel
MacOsX 12.7.5, Finale 27.4.1 & 26.3.1, Mac Mini Intel Dual Core i7 3Ghz, 16 Go Ram. Azerty kb. MOTU Midi Express XT USB, Roland Sound Canvas SC-88vl, MOTU Audio Express. 2 monitors (27"' pivot, 24'"), JW Lua, RGP Lua

jason_s

Post by jason_s » Mon Feb 04, 2008 3:44 am

Nope, there is no such tool :\ Thanks for replying though!
If I can't get this fixed soon I may just have to send the file to someone with Finale and ask them to add the measure numbers for me.