adding ONE dynamic to affect both piano staves

General notation questions, including advanced notation, formatting, etc., go here.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

jumper2

Post by jumper2 » Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:39 pm

usually when i am doing this, it looks like the dynamic is only representing the top or bottom staff. is there a way to just enter one dynamic in the middle of the two staves to affect both staves?
Michael
Tampa, FL

IMac Intel
FINALE 2008

michelp
Finale Version: 27.4.1,26.3.1, Mont.
Operating System: Mac

Post by michelp » Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:03 am

I think that all staves sharing, in the instrument list window, the exact same instrument (thus with the same midi channel), will react to just one text expression with playback effect. So make sure both staves share the same instrument, and you just need to enter one text expression.

If the instruments must be different, there is another approach.
Michel
MacOsX 12.7.4, Finale 27.4.1 & 26.3.1, Mac Mini Intel Dual Core i7 3Ghz, 16 Go Ram. Azerty kb. MOTU Midi Express XT USB, Roland Sound Canvas SC-88vl, MOTU Audio Express. 2 monitors (27"' pivot, 24'"), JW Lua, RGP Lua

ngawethuu

Post by ngawethuu » Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:13 pm

well jumper, if your piano stave share the same channel, when you apply a dynamic, it affects both stave. by default, finale allegro makes piano to share same channels-i don't know others-. but if you apply a dynamic and it doesn't affect both stave, i think you should look to their channels and make them same.